6 Tbsp. Flour
6 Tbsp. Butter
3 C. Milk
10 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sliced or shredded
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 lb. Casserole Elbow Macaroni, cooked (or other pasta that holds sauce well)
- Place the flour, butter, salt and pepper into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, whisking the mixture every 60 seconds.
- Add 1 C. milk to flour and butter mixture and microwave on high for 60 seconds. Whisk mixture until milk is combined. Repeat with remaining 2 C. milk.
- After milk is combined, microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, whisking mixture every 60 seconds.
- Once the mixture is thick and bubbly, add in cheese and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, whisking every 60 seconds, until cheese is melted.
- Add cheese sauce to cooked pasta and bake in oven at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned on top.